In March 2013 Asthma Australia and its member Foundations invited people interested in influencing and improving asthma management in the community to join the Tackling Asthma in Australia conference to learn about:
- Current asthma research, management and policy
- Innovation and excellence in asthma community care and self management
- Work being undertaken by Asthma UK and the potential for partnership and global activity
Participants were invited to contribute to the conference recommendations which will be presented to the Members of Federal Parliament.
The conference is located in our national meeting place – Canberra – in its centenary year. The social program included events in unique, nationally significant locations.
Venue: Rydges Lakeside, 1 London Circuit, Canberra – the national meeting place
We invited health practitioners, community educators and those with a responsibility for keeping people with asthma safe and well in the community.
- Respiratory, practice, school and hospital nurses
- General practitioners
- Community health workers
- First aid providers
- Community sector representatives from schools, early childhood education and care, workplace and sport and recreation organisations
- Government decision-makers
- Industry representatives
- Corporate and other supporters
The event was a success and we look forward to continuing our updates.